Another Grateful Dead sweater to add to your collection! Featuring the classic Stealie skull logo and design layout inspired by the retro satin Japanese souvenir jackets with striped sleeves. The subtle roses on the front are mixed with an earthy harmony of olive green, rusty red and denim blues.
*FEMALE MODEL is approximately 5'6" and 135 lbs wearing a MEDIUM size.
*MALE MODEL is approximately 6'0" and 180 lbs wearing a LARGE size.
Freshly hand-knit just for you! Pre-order your Official Grateful Dead stealie knit. Available for a limited time. Fall 2021-2023 will be the last seasons these particular designs will be available.
*Orders will be delivered earlier as sweaters are knit up and completed. Please contact us for updates on the status of your order.
Please measure according to instructions below. Our sweaters are unisex sizing so defaulting to your usual size without measuring may lead to wrong size. Email us for sizing help.
Designed in 1969, the logo was the collaborative work of Owsley Stanley and artist Bob Thomas. Owsley was inspired by a freeway sign he happened to pass by—a round shape divided by a bold white line into an orange half and a blue half. The general shape and colours stood out, and Owsley had the notion that a blue and red design with a lightning bolt with make a cool logo. He shared his idea with Bob Thomas, who then drew up plans of the design.
Originally, there was no skull face—the logo was simply a circle divided with the lightning bolt. The skull face was added on a few days later, as a way to symbolize the “Grateful Dead.”
• unisex sizing
• 100% pure new wool
• hand-branded, wooden zipper pull
• open-end, two-way YKK Zipper
• designed and hand-knit in Vancouver, BC Canada
• lifetime minor repair and depilling service (within reasonable request and shipping is paid for both ways by customer)
How To Measure
Take an outerwear jacket that fits you well and lay it flat on a table as it is done here. Find a tape measure and note the following measurements:
A (BODY LENGTH) - measure from highest point of shoulder (hps) to bottom hem
B (CHEST) - go two inches below armpit and then measure across
C (SLEEVE LENGTH) - measure from centre back collar to sleeve cuff edge
* Because each sweater is knit by hand, finished measurements may vary slightly.
* The measurements we list are actual sweater measurements and NOT body measurements.
* If you're still unsure of your size, email us or phone us, 1.604.207.9392, and we'll be more than happy to assist you. Usually height and weight will help us determine a size.