1. I don't see listings for men's and women's styles. How come?Our sweaters are unisex. There is no distinction between sexes in sizing, fit or style, so please carefully review our size chart when ordering. All measurements are in inches.
Referring to our size chart (see above), choose the closest size.
2. How do I know which size to order?
Use the size chart above as reference. Take an outerwear jacket that fits you well and lay it flat on a table as seen in the photos below. Find a tape measure and note the following measurements:
A (BODY LENGTH) - measure from highest point of shoulder (hps) to bottom hem
B (CHEST) - go two inches below armpit and then measure across
C (SLEEVE LENGTH) - measure from centre back collar to sleeve cuff edge
* Because each sweater is knit by hand, finished measurements may vary slightly.
* The measurements we list are actual sweater measurements and NOT body measurements.
* If you're still unsure of your size, email us or phone us, 1.604.207.9392, and we'll be more than happy to assist you. Usually height and weight will help us determine a size.
3. How do I care for my sweater?
We recommend professional dry cleaning for our sweaters. Do not machine wash, because the agitation will felt the wool and shrink your sweater. To prevent stretch in the shoulder area, do not hang your sweater from a hanger, fold it instead. To repel moths, store with lavender or cedar.
4. My sweater is fuzzy with small pills. Is this normal?
Yes, our sweaters are made from pure new wool so pilling will naturally occur. Pilling happens when individual wool fibres rub up against each other, felting into tiny balls. It's not a defect. You can easily remove pills with your fingers. Please don't use scissors!
5. What are your zipper pulls made out of?
The wooden zipper pulls attached to the high-quality YKK zippers on Granted sweaters are made of salvaged yew wood from Lasquit Island, off the west coast of British Columbia, Canada. No trees are cut down during this process. They're weather resistant, durable, and no two are alike. In our studio, we brand the "g" logo onto these wood pulls ourselves, creating a delicious campfire smell that always makes us feel connected with the outdoors.
6. Where are your products made?
All items are hand knit or sewn in Vancouver, British Columbia.
7. How soon will I receive my order?
Items in stock will be shipped within 48 hours. However, most items are made to order. Depending on availability of knitters and the items being knit, please allow 3-4 weeks to complete the order. We will contact you by email to update you on our progress.
8. Do you ship to the US and other countries outside of Canada?
Yes, we do! Please note that US and international customers are responsible for any import duties, taxes and handling fees that may be charged by their government.
Granted is unable to provide estimates for customs fees. Please check with your local customs office for more information.
pick-up at warehouse: $0.00
small package: $8.00
medium package: $12.00
large package: $16.00
Rest of Canada
small package: $13.00
medium package: $16.00
large package: $20.00
small package: $15.00
medium package: $25.00
large package: $32.00
small package: $20.00
medium package: $55.00
large package: $75.00
small package: $20.00
medium package: $99.00
large package: $155.00
small package = approximately 1 - 3 accessories or 1 kids vest
medium package = 1 sweater or vest with or without accessories
large package = 2 or more sweaters with or without accessories
* Shipping rates are in Canadian dollars.
We offer free repairs of stitch pulls or unraveling due to normal wear, for Granted items only, as long requests are reasonable and shipping is paid for both ways. We also offer pill removal.
We do not repair items that were damaged from cleaning improperly, run-ins with dogs or other animals, or other factors unrelated to the construction of the item.
10. What is your return/exchange policy?
All of our knitwear is of the highest quality and is hand knit by experienced Canadian knitters. Please keep in mind that because our items are handmade, we list our sizing assuming there may be plus-or-minus .5" - 1" in finished measurements. Every item is thoroughly checked in workmanship before it is shipped out.
We are happy to exchange your sweater for a different size, however you must cover the shipping and insurance costs. You must contact Granted Clothing for an exchange request by email within 3 days of receiving your order. We will review your request and give you an exchange order number. Please understand that without this number, we can not make an exchange. The product must be returned to us unused, unworn, with the original tags and packaging, within 7 days of the date of your request.
Refunds are available on defective merchandise only.
We do not accept exchanges for sweaters XL and XXL. Please select your sweater size carefully when ordering.
Sale items are final, which means no returns or exchanges.
11. What is Pure New Wool?
Pure New Wool is:
- a sustainably produced fibre
- temperature regulating, so it keeps you warm when you're cold, but not too warm
- insulating even when it’s wet (an important feature in the rainy Pacific Northwest)
12. Can I order a kids vest with sleeves?
Because children have such short arms and the yarn we use is very bulky, we do not offer these designs with long sleeves; the sleeves would be terribly uncomfortable and unwieldy. Our vests are wonderful layering pieces, and add a tremendous amount of warmth over other outerwear pieces like fleece.
13. What is intarsia knitting?
Intarsia is picture knitting which involves knitting a design in two or more colors.
14. Why is the colour of my sweater different from the photo on your website?
Computer monitors vary in how they display colours. Additionally, lighting during our photo shoots may mildly affect how the colour displays. We do our best to display colours accurately.
15. Do you sell patterns?
Yes, we do. Go to www.grantedknits.bigcartel.com to see what we have.