1. How do I know which size to order?
Use the size chart above as reference. Take an outerwear jacket that fits you well and lay it flat on a table as seen in the photos below. Find a tape measure and note the following measurements:
A (BODY LENGTH) - measure from highest point of shoulder (hps) to bottom hem
B (CHEST) - go two inches below armpit and then measure across
C (SLEEVE LENGTH) - measure from centre back collar to sleeve cuff edge
* Because each sweater is knit by hand, finished measurements may vary slightly.
* The measurements we list are actual sweater measurements and NOT body measurements.
* If you're still unsure of your size, email us or phone us, 1.604.207.9392, and we'll be more than happy to assist you. Usually height and weight will help us determine a size.
2. Where are your products made?
All items are hand knit and sewn in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
3. What are your zipper pulls made out of?
The zipper pulls attached to the high-quality YKK zippers on Granted sweaters are made of locally sourced wood. Each hard wearing piece is precision lasered to size and then hand branded with our signature "g" logo in our studio. This creates a delicious campfire smell that always makes us feel connected with the outdoors. They are left unstained so that over time the usage and applied natural oils will create a finish (patina) unique to your own. They are also weather resistant and durable.
4. What is your return/exchange policy?
All of our knitwear is of the highest quality and is hand knit by experienced Canadian knitters. Please keep in mind that because our items are handmade, we list our sizing assuming there may be plus-or-minus .5" - 1" in finished measurements. Every item is thoroughly checked in workmanship before it is shipped out.
We are happy to exchange your sweater for a different size, however you must cover the shipping and insurance costs. You must contact Granted Clothing for an exchange request by email within 3 days of receiving your order. We will review your request and give you an exchange order number. Please understand that without this number, we can not make an exchange. The product must be returned to us unused, unworn, with the original tags and packaging, within 7 days of the date of your request.
Refunds are available on defective merchandise only.
We do not accept exchanges for sweaters XL and XXL. Please select your sweater size carefully when ordering.
Sale items are final, which means no returns or exchanges.
We offer free repairs of stitch pulls or unraveling due to normal wear, for Granted items only, as long requests are reasonable and shipping is paid for both ways. We also offer pill removal.
We do not repair items that were damaged from cleaning improperly, run-ins with dogs or other animals, or other factors unrelated to the construction of the item.
6. What is Pure New Wool?
- Pure new wool is wool that has come directly from a living sheep. It has not yet been recycled, reused or re-purposed in any way.
- a sustainably produced fibre
- temperature regulating, so it keeps you warm when you're cold, but not too warm
- insulating even when it’s wet (an important feature in the rainy Pacific Northwest)
7. My sweater is fuzzy with small pills. Is this normal?
Yes, our sweaters are made from pure new wool so pilling will naturally occur. Pilling happens when individual wool fibres rub up against each other, felting into tiny balls. It's not a defect. You can easily remove pills with your fingers.
8. Can I order a kids vest with sleeves?
Because children have such short arms and the yarn we use is very bulky, we do not offer these designs with long sleeves; the sleeves would be terribly uncomfortable and unwieldy. Our vests are wonderful layering pieces, and add a tremendous amount of warmth over other outerwear pieces like fleece.
9. Can I order a sweater design in a vest or vice versa?
Depending on design, yes, we can turn a sweater design into a vest. Please contact us to find out more.
10. What is intarsia knitting?
Intarsia is picture knitting which involves knitting a design in two or more colors.
11. Why is the colour of my sweater different from the photo on your website?
Computer monitors vary in how they display colours. Additionally, lighting during our photo shoots may mildly affect how the colour displays. We do our best to display colours accurately.
12. Do you sell patterns?
Yes, we do. Go to www.grantedknits.bigcartel.com to see what we have.