$ 440 $ 280
$ 440 $ 280
Here's another CBC classic you can wear... The Official Hockey Night in Canada Sweater! The Hockey Night in Canada logo was used when the show first aired on CBC television back in 1952. This was the big moment for hockey broadcasting going from radio to television.
Be a part of commemorating this moment in history by owing your own hand-knit and Canadian made, Hockey Night in Canada Sweater!
A history to remember - 1952: Hockey Night in Canada is born. Only weeks after television broadcasting began in Canada, Hockey Night in Canada hit the air for the first time with a game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Boston Bruins at Maple Leaf Gardens. Airing once a week, the show was hosted by Foster Hewitt and began with the signature opening “Hello Canada and hockey fans in the United States.” During his career, Mr. Hewitt coined phrases such as “He shoots, he scores.” In 1958, his son Bill took over hosting responsibilities. Both have been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
• unisex sizing
• 100% pure new wool
• hand-branded, wooden zipper pull
• open-end, two-way YKK Zipper
• designed and hand-knit in Vancouver, BC Canada
• lifetime minor repair and depilling service (within reasonable request and shipping is paid for both ways by customer)
How To Measure
Take an outerwear jacket that fits you well and lay it flat on a table as it is done here. Find a tape measure and note the following measurements:
A (BODY LENGTH) - measure from highest point of shoulder (hps) to bottom hem
B (CHEST) - go two inches below armpit and then measure across
C (SLEEVE LENGTH) - measure from centre back collar to sleeve cuff edge
* Because each sweater is knit by hand, finished measurements may vary slightly.
* The measurements we list are actual sweater measurements and NOT body measurements.
* If you're still unsure of your size, email us or phone us, 1.604.207.9392, and we'll be more than happy to assist you. Usually height and weight will help us determine a size.