This is another version of the CBC Heritage sweater using contrasting colours for a bolder look.
The story behind the CBC Heritage sweater, featuring the iconic CBC logo and zig-zags representing analog radio waves, was designed for our brother-in-law who lives in England. We knew he grew up watching and listening to CBC programming, and we wanted to give him a special connection to home. He loved the sweater and was happy for the nostalgic gesture.
Though we blogged about the sweater, trademark restrictions prevented us from offering it for sale. That is, until CBC Radio 3's Grant Lawrence somehow noticed the sweater. He went nuts about it and provided us with great exposure on air. This one time gift to an ex-pat has finally been licensed as the official CBC sweater.
The male model is 5' 9", 165lbs and wearing a x-large size. A large would have also fit nicely on this model.
• unisex sizing
• 100% pure new wool
• hand-branded, wooden zipper pull
• open-end, two-way YKK Zipper
• designed and hand-knit in Vancouver, BC Canada
• lifetime minor repair and depilling service (within reasonable request and shipping is paid for both ways by customer)
How To Measure
Take an outerwear jacket that fits you well and lay it flat on a table as it is done here. Find a tape measure and note the following measurements:
A (BODY LENGTH) - measure from highest point of shoulder (hps) to bottom hem
B (CHEST) - go two inches below armpit and then measure across
C (SLEEVE LENGTH) - measure from centre back collar to sleeve cuff edge
* Because each sweater is knit by hand, finished measurements may vary slightly.
* The measurements we list are actual sweater measurements and NOT body measurements.
* If you're still unsure of your size, email us or phone us, 1.604.207.9392, and we'll be more than happy to assist you. Usually height and weight will help us determine a size.