David Suzuki, Co-Founder of the David Suzuki Foundation, is an award-winning scientist, environmentalist, broadcaster and Canadian icon. He may be best known for presenting the complexities of the natural sciences in his radio and television programs, but to us, he's a local man who's dedicated to making the world a better, greener place.
This was one of our first experimental sweaters. We were curious to see how complicated knitting could get and learned that intarsia knitting, or "picture knitting", has no limitations. Days after posting a photo of the completed sweater and blogging about it, an employee at the David Suzuki Foundation contacted us. We ended up donating the sweater to the DSF, and after that we auctioned off a few more. We are now proud to be including this official DSF sweater in our shop, and we're donating 20% of proceeds to the Foundation.
• unisex sizing
• 100% pure new wool
• hand-branded, wooden zipper pull
• open-end, two-way YKK Zipper
• designed and hand-knit in Vancouver, BC Canada
• lifetime minor repair and depilling service (within reasonable request and shipping is paid for both ways by customer)
How To Measure
Take an outerwear jacket that fits you well and lay it flat on a table as it is done here. Find a tape measure and note the following measurements:
A (BODY LENGTH) - measure from highest point of shoulder (hps) to bottom hem
B (CHEST) - go two inches below armpit and then measure across
C (SLEEVE LENGTH) - measure from centre back collar to sleeve cuff edge
* Because each sweater is knit by hand, finished measurements may vary slightly.
* The measurements we list are actual sweater measurements and NOT body measurements.
* Size chart reflects true to size for men but for women, go one size down than your usual size.
* If you're still unsure of your size, email us or phone us, 1.604.207.9392, and we'll be more than happy to assist you. Usually height and weight will help us determine a size.